For the July 4 weekend I have been invited by the local Cobra guys to come with them to the SOVREN Pacific Northwest Historics at Pacific Raceways at Kent, WA. I remember this track form the magazine coverage of the Trans-Am series back in the 60's. I've never been there and am excited to drive the 65 in the group and put it in the show corral. Also going to drive the track for some parade laps. I've got to get the 65 cleaned up for the trip!
The Desert Boss
In 2007 one of my co-workers, Randy, told me that his neighbor across the street had to get rid of some of his cars that were stashed in the back of his property. Apparently a local realtor was trying to sell a neighboring house and didn't like the eyesore so he reported it to the county to force him to get rid of the "junked" cars. One of those cars was a 1970 Boss 302 in fairly complete condition. I went to have a look and this Boss was buried to the floorboards in the desert sand and burned to a crisp in the sun but quite complete, including the interior. The car was owned by a friend of Randy's neighbor who now lived in Arizona. I made the contact and we worked out a price. We were able to extract the Boss from the sand and load it on a tow truck on its wheels. I made the mistake of putting it in my garage and over night hundreds of spiders came out and infested the garage. I'm not sure I ever got them all out. The en...
Comments
Post a Comment