Thanksgiving

 Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I've had such a wonderful year and I just wanted to look back at some of the moments I am thankful (or in some cases regretful) for this past year.


When we first building our new home back in 2020 I held out a hope that our street address would be 2021 - the year we moved in. We ended up with 2023 so Jan 1st was a celebration of our home. 





A major project to remove the old river dike and allow the Dungeness Rive back into its natural course was completed.  This included a new trail for Wolfie and I to explore.  The time we had together would draw to an end this year and I am thankful that our last years together were here.











The adventure of "Drive your Triumph Day" is a challenge each year to get out on Sir John Black's birthday to celebrate, regardless of the weather! This year was a delightful day enhanced with friends for company!




Activity on the Straites of Juan de Fuca usually means cruise ships and the like. A bit more unusual to catch the Nimitz headed out after a refit.







A blustery day but bird watching out a Three Crabs Point with an enthusiastic group was a real treat.







Bicycling into the back country, crossing both the Dungeness and Grey Wolf rivers, is part of my build-up in the year of cycling.  Besides my usual goak of the "Ride the Hurricane" in August I have an upcoming ride to Mount St Helens called "Tour de Blast"





Sometimes our feathered visitors are a little too exotic.  The peacocks live nearby at the Olympic Game Farm but today we got a one on our back fence.






Part of my time is spent volunteering for the Peninsula Trails Coalition, where we support events on the Olympic Discovery Trail.  In this case it is a weekend of tendem riders doing two days of riding in our area.  I supported the event on both days.





Paul and Ursula (and Sophie) built us a new storage shed so that I could consolidate all of our stuff.  I am so thankful for these wonderful new friends.  






Fun with Jim and Sue Toner on the Vance Creek Railriders.







Maybe I have too many toys!








Danny and Zoe visited us for two weeks and we had so many adventures.  Paul and Ursula invited us for a day cruise on their boat out on Sequim Bay. What a treat!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 65 K-Code Mustang

Happy Birthday 5R09K 16L

More Mustangs in my past